- FCC's Final Rules on Caller ID.
- Text of 9th Circuit decision on California's challenge to FCC Caller ID rules.
- 1990 Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision on Caller ID.
- Testimony of Marc Rotenberg before Vermont Public Utility Commission on Caller ID.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse factsheet, "Caller ID and My Privacy: What Do I Need to Know?"
- CPSR's Caller ID Pages.
- Risks Digest article by Phil Agre on Caller ID.
- ACLU NJ press release on ACLU testimony on Caller ID rules in New Jersey.
- San Jose Mercury News "Caller ID bogs down in chaos Pacific Bell tries to unsnarl mix-up over blocking", June 15, 1996.
- KRON (TV) story on Caller ID blocking in California.
- Caller-Times Interactive story, Caller ID rises privacy issues.
- AUSTEL (Australia) report on Caller ID. Analysis of report by Robin Whittle.
- Data Protection Officer, Guernsey Isle of Man Data Protection Registrar & Acting Data Protection Registrar, Jersey, Joint Policy Statement, on the Data Protection Implications of Calling Line Identification (CLI).
- NZInfoTechWeekly Online article on Caller ID in New Zealand.
- Ontario, Canada Privacy Commission paper, "Your Privacy and Call Display", October 1995.
Share this page:
EPIC relies on support from individual donors to pursue our work.
Subscribe to the EPIC Alert
The EPIC Alert is a biweekly newsletter highlighting emerging privacy issues.
Universal Guidelines for AI
EPIC is gathering support for the Universal Guidelines for Artificial Intelligence, which aim to inform and improve the design and use of AI.